Simon Acres Recruitment are looking for a Transport Manager to run an efficient operation for a well established Builders Merchants in the Suffolk area.
You should have a proven track record in managing a fleet in a Builders Merchant environment and experience of effectively running a successful function.
The individual will be responsible for the transport and distribution operations and also for providing excellent standards of service, efficiency and performance.
Your duties will include:
- Responsibility for the day to day operations of the transport department
- Efficiently managing a team of drivers and vehicles
- Responsibility for all the dispatching, routing and tracking of delivery vehicles
- Ensuring company compliance of all transport policies, legislations and procedures to do with tachographs
- Managing, monitoring and developing a team of drivers
- Involvement in strategic development and improvements
- Ensuring that all vehicles are properly maintained and serviced
- Maintain accurate administrative records
- Appraising staff performance and all disciplinary issues that may arise
- Responsibility for all health and safety issues of fleet
- Liaising with yard operatives to ensure correct products, quantities, locations and timings
- Experience in the merchant industry would be preferable
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Transport Manager who has dealt with the trade.
You should have:
- Experience within a Builders Merchant environment
- Transport Management 3+ Years
Simon Acres Recruitment are acting as the employment agency in relation to this vacancy.