Simon Acres Recruitment are looking for a Trainee Countersales Assistant for a well established builders merchant in Scarborough.
This is a permanent role paying up to £20,000 for the right candidate with a Bonus.
A number of the top performing trainees have now taken up senior roles within the business. They are continually expanding so the opportunity is there for you to carve out a career with the largest independent builder’s merchant in the UK, if you have the drive and determination to succeed.
Your duties will include:
- Spending time on the trade counter, dealing with customers ensuring they get the best service and advice
- Providing quotations and following them up
- Responsibility for aspects of stock management
You will also spend time working in other areas within the branch to ensure you gain a full understanding of the business including administration tasks which could involve:
- Processing goods inwards paperwork
- Creating dispatch notes, generating invoices and dealing with customer and supplier invoice queries.
Qualifications and Skills
- Candidates should demonstrate the desire and potential to learn quickly and develop
- Whilst GCSEs are not essential, reasonable grades, Grade C and above would be helpful in Maths, English and IT
- We are looking for a candidate who is smartly presented, confident and has a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Generous discretionary bonus scheme
- People orientated culture
- Substantial staff discounts
- Training and development opportunities
- Holiday scheme which rewards length of service
Simon Acres Recruitment are working as the employment agency in relation to this vacancy.