Trade Counter Assistant wanted in Thame, Oxfordshire.
KBB Recruitment are pleased to be working with a fast-growing, leading providers to the building, plumbing and electrical trades to help them find a new Trade Counter Assistant.
The business is a leading independent Builders Merchant, specialising in providing building supplies to the construction industry. They are proud to have an expanding network of building & plumbing merchants, electrical wholesalers and kitchen & bathroom showrooms within their portfolio.
- Deal with orders and enquiries received from customers and potential customers who attend the branch, whether they report directly to the trade counter, or present themselves anywhere else on the Company’s premises.
- Processing customer telephone orders that come into the branch.
- Offering a high standard of customer service by greeting customers and politely ascertaining their needs and wants. If appropriate recommending and pointing out items matching their needs, and accurately describing product features and benefits to maximise sales and also customer satisfaction.
- Adopting a pro-active approach to maximise sales to existing customers.
- Actively making enquiries with customers who are not trading with the business by exploring new sales opportunities where possible.
- Resolving customer queries, investigating complaints, and also resolving these as soon as possible.
- Where appropriate, renegotiating product standard price, and also considering special prices when necessary to maximise product sales.
- Be proactive in maintaining up to date technical knowledge of all products sold, ensuring that product knowledge is kept up to date with any technical product updates and changes.
- Attend training relating to the role if requested by the Company.
- Observe strict adherence to the Company’s health and safety procedures at all times.
- Undertake additional or alternative tasks and duties in line with the branch requirements.
- Previously must have trade counter sales experience.
- Knowledge of both plumbing and heating is a requirement.
- Both IT literate and experience using Microsoft Office software.