Simon Acres Recruitment are excited to be recruiting for a forward thinking established company based in South Yorkshire, to find a Project Kitchen Designer.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing a full service to assist the network of ASMs nationwide from initial enquiry to completed professional showroom presentations
- Producing accurate designs and estimates for showroom layouts using Compusoft CAD system and SAP to complete professional presentations
- Working to ASM and retailer set briefs to create stunning display spaces
- Scaling from architects’ drawings and translating retailer/ASM plans to CAD
- Liaising with ASMs, fitters, buyers and retailers at all levels including company directors by telephone, email and in person to ensure projects are completed on time and as per the brief
- Liaising with fitters when required to translate design ideas
- Visiting retailers to discuss design concepts and support ASMs on presentations
- Produce designs for photography for brochure use in marketing material.
- Adhere to internal systems and procedures
- Undertake showroom tours as required
- Ability to update display schedules to ensure all data is accurate and captured for reporting purposes
The successful candidate is likely to demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Must possess creativity/design flair – ability to translate a brief and design aspirational, inspiring, creative designs from scratch.
- Must be very spatially aware to develop large open retail spaces into functional display designs from ASM/retailer set briefs.
- Ability to work/transfer from scaled drawings
- Ability to use a CAD system essential, either through certification or experience.
- Previous kitchen planning design experience
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc) or similar.
- Must possess ability to work accurately on own initiative and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to understand and interpret instructions essential.
- Must be able to work effectively and play a full part in a small team.
- Flexibility within the role will be required, especially relating to requests to visit retailer premises
- Full clean driving licence without excessive points. Must be willing to travel and work away from home to visit retailers nationwide
- Practical planning and design experience, with hands on experience gained in a retail kitchen design role desirable, as is a Design degree or qualification
For the right individual, we are offering:
Core Working Hours: Monday – Thursday 08:45 – 17:00, Friday 08:45 – 16:00
Salary: Starting at £25,000 rising to £27,000 upon successful completion of probationary period
Annual Leave: 32 Days incl. Bank Holidays & Christmas Shutdown
Life insurance & PHI
Pension including 4.5% employer contribution
Attractive Staff Kitchen Discounts
For enquiries, please either apply or if you would like to have a chat with myself then call 0203 701 6660 and ask for James.
**Simon Acres Recruitment are acting as the recruitment agency for this vacancy**