Product Manager – West Midlands - Plumbing / Bathroom Products
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and working closely with the Divisional Managers
The Product Manager will have a key role in driving sales growth, profitability and ultimately our credibility as the experts in our market sectors.
You will need to have a real passion for product marketing along with an excellent commercial acumen ideally within an Industrial B2B environment.
You will also need the gravitas & personal impact to gain an immediate high level of credibility with both external & internal customers/colleagues with excellent stakeholder management playing a critical part in the success of the role.
Our overriding objective is to deliver a consumer focussed range of Products to support the agreed targets of your Business Unit.
Taking ownership of the category strategy and plan for B2B your drive will build strong relationships and deliver your category vision, finding a balance between quality improvements and innovation based on a deep and insightful understanding of each market sector.
- Develop and deliver World Class category strategies
- Identify gaps in the market to deliver new and incremental growth opportunities through product development
- Manage the B2B roadmap/pipeline of NPD and quality improvements, working closely with the NPD team and leading the briefing of new products
- Become the category expert and first call for external & internal customers
- Align senior internal stakeholders on a unified vision and strategy for Category Management
- Represent your team in both internal & external high level meetings
- Develop a deep understanding of the competative landscape across all B2B markets to feed into strategic direction
- Work closely with the wider marketing team to maximise the product range, performance, clarity of range & communications to our customers
- Drive cost efficiencies whilst improving product quality.
- To develop competitive pricing strategies across our product ranges which are mutually beneficial to both our customers and which maximise margin potentials to the business.
- Support the business in related cross-functional projects
- Qualified in product management with an engineering or technician background with additional training in business administration is a big plus.
- A Product Management certification in accordance with the Chartered Institute of marketing is an advantage.
Salary – Negotiable for right candidate / dependent on experience
Start Date - ASAP