Simon Acres Group are delighted to be working on behalf of one of the UK's most luxurious Kitchen Manufacturers to find a Materials Planner.
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain, you will assist and support the department with a wide range of key activities.
- Determine the required materials with the production team
- Place purchase orders within agreed cost, lead time, and stockholding parameters
- Monitor order progress and expedite inbound products with suppliers
- Update other departments with changes in expected lead times
- Ensure materials meet specifications, quality standards, and are cost-efficient
- Liaise with other departments regarding production goals, timelines and supplier payments
- Resolve any queries with suppliers regarding delivery discrepancies, damages, late arrivals, and missing deliveries
- Manage inventory issues in collaboration with the warehouse team, schedule changes, and cancellations
- Prepare cost estimates and performance reports when required
This is a permanent position paying up to £32,000 to the successful candidate.
- Two to three years of previous experience in materials planning, ideally within the KBB or automotive sectors
- Strong eye for detail and organisational skills, striving for a high level of accuracy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- ‘SMART’ ERP system experience would be advantageous but is not essential
- Ability to effectively communicate with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Simon Acres Group are acting as the employment agency on behalf of this vacancy.