Simon Acres Recruitment are delighted to be working with a leading supplier of luxury bathrooms to find a Category Director.
The purpose of this role is to maintain the companies lead in the premium bathroom market through managing, sourcing market leading products and suppliers, aiming to increase the company’s portfolio of successful exclusive and key branded supplier ranges. The role will involve negotiating attractive buying terms, to include marketing support and showroom display funding, as well as ensuring high delivery service and product quality.
- Full responsibility for circa 30% of C.P. Hart’s current purchases – specific categories to be agreed.
- Increase £ margin and improve category performance by effective range/stock profiling, launch and marketing plans, exit plans, price reviews and supplier trading agreements.
- Increase the share of sales of C.P. Hart own brand and exclusive ranges within the agreed categories across all sales channels.
- Work closely with sales, marketing, and operations colleagues to boost category sales.
- Drive new product development strategies:
- Work with internal and external resources on design briefs.
- Approve products and liaise on supplier production schedules and manage critical paths to product launch.
- Assure marketing and sales are provided with all data and promotional collateral (imagery, specification, training and cost pricing data) to support new product launches.
- Work with the Product Information Manager to ensure all product details on the system and website are accurate.
- Agree the roll out of displays within budget in existing and new showrooms.
- Work with marketing and sales colleagues to analyse competitor marketing, range selection, and pricing strategies.
- Attend tradeshows and visit key suppliers (4 - 8 times per year).
The successful candidate will:
You will ideally have experience working within a retail or e-commerce, although please do get in touch if you have any other relevant experience, as well as the following essential qualities:
- Experience in Product Category Manager / Buyer role - Good bathroom industry knowledge would be a major plus, as would experience in the premium kitchen or furniture sectors.
- Demonstrable negotiating skills with a highly commercial and ethical mindset.
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Personal characteristics:
- Numerate and analytic
- Good organiser of self and others, proven ability to multitask – a “completer/finisher”.
- Clear, concise communicator
- Team player
Simon Acres Recruitment are acting as the employment agency on behalf of this vacancy.