Simon Acres Recruitment are looking for a Buyer / Category Manager to join a fast-paced and passionate buying team, at the home of a Sunday Times Top Track 100 company and one of the UK 's fastest growing privately owned companies.
We are searching for a dedicated and dynamic Buyer / Category Manager that would support the buyer and help manage the buying team.
Your duties will include:
- Building and developing ranges, in order to drive sales, market share and profitability
- Supporting the Buyer with ongoing projects, but be able to work independently
- Having a creative input within the department, working closely with design and QA to help shape product innovation
- Monitoring market trends, customer requirements, competitor activity and supplier product innovation, regularly analysing sales and suggesting ways the range could be improved
- Maximising the delivery of the budgeted financial KPI’s (Sales/Margin/Stock)
- Monitoring and analysing sales figures, stock, and tracking orders
- Managing a team of 5 or less people, ensuring their work is kept on track
- Maintaining and developing relationships with our suppliers in the UK, Far East and Europe
- Responding quickly to changes in the market, including new trends
- Previous buying experience in a retail environment
- You must be astute to commercial opportunities
- You will be committed and confident with choosing and buying products
- Excellent organisation and communication skills with a commercial eye
- Positive attitude, ability to thrive in fast paced business
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills
- You will be comfortable working both individually and with a team
Simon Acres Recruitment are acting as the employment agency in relation to this vacancy.