Simon Acres Recruitment are looking for a dynamic Assistant Buyer to be based in the Plymouth area.
As an Assistant Buyer you will work closely with the Buyer to enhance the company's offering to our customers. Developing relationships with new and existing Suppliers whilst ensuring maximum value and efficiency for the business.
- Assisting the Buyer with proactive continuous product sourcing
- Responsible for negotiation of terms and conditions with assigned Suppliers
- Managing and maintaining daily correspondence of assigned Suppliers
- Achieving margin and product sell through targets
- Maintaining and develop excellent supplier relationships
- Ensuring right mix of product and maintain awareness of competitors position and market share
- Assisting the Buyer in all aspects of the buying process through -
- Attending buying meetings with the Buyer
- UK & foreign travel where necessary
- Forecasting of stock & placing of orders
- Attending ad-hoc buying appointments in the Buyers’ absence to gather product information for review.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Previous experience in a retail environment
- Proven commercial experience of trading in a fast paced and reactive environment
- Good judgement and decision making skills
- Strong analytical excel skills
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly improve The Range offering.
- Understanding of retail industry trends and how to incorporate them into The Range.
Competitive Salary depending on experience
Simon Acres Recruitment are acting as the employment agency in relation to this vacancy.