Simon Acres Recruitment are looking for an Accounts Payable Manager to work for one of the UK's fastest growing companies in the Devon area.
This role will report to the Finance Manager and is critical in ensuring efficient and timely processing and payment of purchase ledger invoices.
Your duties will include:
- Managing and maintaining the purchase ledger from beginning to end
- Processing and checking of electronic and manual invoices using a stock management system
- Setting up new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details within the purchase ledger
- Conducting monthly reconciliation of supplier statements
- Analysing reports from our in-house EDI system
- Overseeing day to day management of the Accounts Payable team, ensuring workloads are prioritised accordingly
- Reviewing processes and recommend improvements / opportunities to streamline
- Overseeing Intrastat submissions
- Reviewing aged creditors listings
- Processing of supplier credit notes, both manually and using in-house EDI system
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Dealing with the preparation of purchase ledger payment runs
- Assisting with month-end management accounts and year-end audit
- Handling exceptions or urgent payment requests
- Managing of supplier terms and Rebates
- Banking Reconciliations
- Dealing with other ad hoc duties as required
This an ideal role for a strong Accounts Team Member looking to expand their career and prospects.
- Proven experience of managing an Accounts Payable team
- Financial qualification (AAT or equivalent) desirable
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a wider team, adhering to regular deadlines
- High level of accuracy
- Excellent attention to detail with a hands-on approach
- IT literate with intermediate / advanced Excel skills
Simon Acres Recruitment are working as the employment agency in relation to this vacancy.